Friday 20 November 2015

MY UNPATRIOTIC BONE





My late dad was very competitive. He was what we call stubborn person. He stood for what is right but in most cases for what he believes in. he was not perfect like any human being but I learned a lot from him even though you only realize what you’ve learned from a person when they no longer here.

Me and my twin were born Chiefs fans, diehard fans. We would cry every time Chiefs lost but he never cared because he was a Pirates fan. The fact that we were in pain made him be more ruthless to get his comments through about our “useless”, and he never ever suggested that we join his team; he always wanted us to be with our team. He understood what rivals mean and he got taught us that. He was not educated, but he was smart and he taught us so much. My dad was also never the biggest soccer fan, I don’t think he was a fan at all but he knew how we love our soccer and Chiefs and developed a knack for knowing when Chiefs lost and Pirates won. I think he liked Pirates, not that he would miss going to have his usual drinks or afternoon sleep, no, those were more important to him than this soccer thing. He just loves seeing his team and our team losing so he can have a field day. In all the years I’ve known him, I have never ever heard him sympathize with us about Chiefs, he was a Pirates follower through and through.

The Glamour Boys
I cannot remember any time in my life from the day I was born that I was never a Chiefs fan. I’d rather be angry with them, criticize them and threaten to leave but never did. My relationship with the black and gold is too deep to see it for a couple of bones. While writing this, I’m seeing a repeat of Real Madrid and Barcelona game, how the supporters hate each other, how the players go for it, how intense, this is a rivalry indeed. I’ve been told Pirates is representing South Africa in the CAF Confed cup finals, well they come from here yes but it don’t mean they represent me, they represent the bones. Bafana Bafana, Banyana, Amaglug-glug, Amajimbos, and all the others that I failed to mention they represent South Africa, me. The other day Spain was playing against England and the match had to be moved from Santiago Bernabeu because there were fears that Gerard Pique with be abused by fans of Real after he joked last season after winning the treble. Real Fans still remembered and it don’t matter if you’re representing your national team or not, as for me I do accept Pirates players representing our national team, I’m not going to hope they win Confed Cup. i\m not SABC or Supersport, I’m not Sowetan or The Times, I know I’m not Kickoff or Soccer Laduma, I’m Fani and I will never sell my soul to the dead.

Etoile Sohel, champions in waiting
This cup must go back to Tunisia with Etoile Sahel and as for Pirates, I hope they miss all the trophies this season, I hope they go empty handed. You can quote me on that. All I know is that all those who are saying, “oh but they represent our country”, well wait until they win it, they are going to bring it up in every conversation about local soccer. The was a time when they went years without cup before Rudi Krol won them some treble, when supporters of teams that won cup recently would be in a conversation, a Pirates supporter would interfere, “We won Champions League in 1995”, it was over 10 years ago.
I learned my lesson. They did well to get there but I’m afraid this “patriotic” BS stops here.

I wish you a loss.

Sincerely Yours
Your Biggest Hater 

2 comments:

  1. I am with you my guy. Pirates do not represent me. I support any team that plays against Pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sir.... We are not Pirates supportes..

    ReplyDelete